Levels 1 - 4 and Teen Entry
- In this age range, children engage in a variety of activities that heighten body coordination, rhythmic and expressive skills
- Learning ballet provides a young person with a joy of moving, a discovery of their individual movement, creative capacity, and a confidence that can translate to other academic and social activities.
- Students learn self-discipline, an ability to focus on goals, and a capacity to work cooperatively with other students.
- Ballet also helps develop qualities and abilities that have practical applications such as grace, poise and balance.
- Dancers gain a high degree of physical coordination and an ability to express themselves in precise terms.
- Ballet is renowned for its therapeutic qualities in the treatment of physical and emotional disorders. It gives students perspectives and challenges away from normal academic studies.
We created a ballet class for students between the ages of 11 - 14 who have never taken ballet class before, or who took ballet lessons at a young age. This class gives students a chance to learn the fundamentals of ballet in preparation to enter the appropriate level class.
Teen Entry ballet is held on Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:30pm and is taught by Miss Arpi. In addition to the tuition, there is a $30 registrtion fee; both fees will be pro-rated depending on when your student enrolls in the class.
Students should wear pink ballet slippers, pink tights, royal blue leotard and royal blue wrap around skirt.
||7 - 9
||2 x per week
||8 - 10
||2 x per week
||9 - 11
||3 x per week
||10 - 12
||4 x per week
||11 - 15
||1 x per week
Uniform and Appearance:
- Pink tights and pink ballet slippers (with elastics sewn on).
- Beginning in Level 3, flat slippers, as well as pointe shoes, must have ribbons.
- A wrap-around ballet sweater in the same color as the leotard may be worn for warmth.
- Hair must be worn up and securely fastened.
- No jewelry, watches, makeup, or nail polish in class.
- Leotard and matching georgette wrap around skirt in your level color must be worn for every class. Please select a classic style leotard (no velvet, lace, see-through, rhinestones or halter tops, please). You may choose camisole, tank, short or long sleeve depending upon your preference and the weather. Low back leotards are permitted. In the winter you may wish to wear a matching color wrap around ballet sweater in your level color.
- All levels wear pink ballet tights.
- Girls who have the instructor’s permission to begin pointe, should bring pointe shoes to every class.
Levels 1 - 4 Class Schedule and Registration