The school's mission is to provide ballet training on the Vaganova ballet syllabus.
- This elegant and classical style focuses on the upper body, (port de bras) the coordination of torso, hands, arms and head.
- All students who wish to apply themselves and learn the discipline of classical ballet are welcome.
- Those who aspire to dance professionally have the chance to train with exceptional teachers.
- Students will acquire physical coordination, self-confidence and a love of art that will benefit them throughout life.
There are performance opportunities for all students during the year.
- Ballet performance gives children a forum for self-discovery and dramatic expression that are primary objectives for the study of ballet.
Our students have distinguished themselves at national and international ballet competitions.
- Have been invited to perform corps de ballet roles in gala performances with Kirov and Bolshoi stars.
- Students have been placed with professional schools such as Juilliard School, Kirov Academy, and apprentice positions with internationally renowned ballet companies.
- Students are mentored and encouraged to compete in competitions such Youth America Grand Prix, Vienna International Ballet Competition, Jackson, and many more.
Please note: The name Marat School of Ballet is used informally to refer to two separate organizations: The Marat Daukayev School of Ballet and The Marat Daukayev Ballet Theatre , a non-profit 501(c) 3. Marat Daukayev is director of both the school and the theatre, but they are separate entities legally and financially.
The school operates from September through June with an intensive six week program in July and August.